Thursday, December 4, 2008

I hate Shopping!


Okay so let me preface this by saying I really don't love to shop very much, if it could be just be and three other people in the store I wouldn't mind so much, but I am not a people person especially not a lot of peoples person. But I am very specific about the places I go because I know I can get in and out and move on. But there are two stores I must complain about that have been buggin me for awhile. My close buddies have heard this so you can turn out if you want if you haven't already. I am a big lover of Wally World I know it is selling out, but sorry folks their cheap. Recently my little town got a Walmart, I thought it was stupid because as much as I love walmart do we really need like 5 in 5 miles? What are they mormon?
So I really do try to frequent the one in my town you know taxes and all, but seriously every single time I go there, they are always not having something that I know the one up the street has sitting on their shelf, IT DRIVES MY CRAZY!! Last night for instance, my little princess wants a bow and arrown a real one! Thank you camp kiesel! Well my W-mart, had arrows, supplies, targets but no Bows!?!?! The one up the street has like 5 different ones! Besides that they just do not have the selection that the other store has. It just bugs me bad! I know this is a bad example but this is just the most recent one so its on my mind.
My next beef is actually for more stores but the two I will mention is my little town W=mart and Target, Ok over 64% of the population is overweight, and I unfortunatly am part of that party! So why is it that when you go into these stores if you try to find clothes in bigger sizes two things happen, 1st if you are this size you must at least 70 years old and are blind because they have the clothes that require you playing shuffleboard on a cruise ship for! Or Target is famous for this they have like three racks of clothes mixed in with Maternity (I hate this for personal reasons!) And when you look around you are overwhelmed by how much they have of the other size clothes. Seriously go to the Target that is close to us and you will see it. It is truly amazing!! Plus their buyers suck! Now I love Lane Bryant for these kind of clothes but they are a little pricey and then tend to swing into the For your size you should never wear that category, i.e. micro minis and tank tops yikes! Ok I am done venting and for those of you who are like why don't you just lose weight so you can buy these sizes amazingly enough I have thought of that and I am working on it, but in the mean time I gotta wear clothes!! Thank you if you made it to the bottom of this post!

4 comments:

Motley Mom said...

I TOTALLY agree with you!!! I really get sick of the small selection at our Walmart!! But I try and remember that short lines and close parking are always a plus (which is almost always the case at the times I frequent there). So it really ticks me off when I go there and have to stand in line for WAY too long (usually because they don't want to open another check stand)...then I always think "I should have gone up the street!"

And you know I totally feel your pain when it comes to clothing selection!! Some might laugh at me when I would find a shirt I liked and then buy it in EVERY color they made it in...but when I'd find something decent I felt like I struck the mother load!!!!

Now that you have that fabulous sewing machine...I have some great patterns that I would be willing to share...but they are mainly tops and skirts :D

buzzanna said...

Shannon-

You crack me up. I laughed through your entire post.

Jamie Newman said...

Amen sista!

The Walmart by my house used to be a splendidly EMPTY place but I guess people have caught on because now it is full all the time. So I started doing my grocery and other shopping at night but you cannot maneuver around that store because their big ol' pallets of new stock takes up the ENTIRE aisle. It's annoying. There is no good time to shop there. And don't even get me started on how dysfunctional their pharmacy is. I could write a book!

And I hear ya about clothing. I love Ann Taylor but it is too pricey for me so I buy it on eBay.

Jennifer Wanlass said...

I'm posting late so I don't know if you'll even see this, but I feel for you. Being short has its down falls as well. Whenever I go into the petite section (for pants) it is all old lady stuff. i.e. the pants with the stretch band around the waist? It sucks!!