Monday, May 25, 2009

The Power of Prayer


Okay so I'm sure many of you know, that John's Dad has been very sick within the last year, he was diagnosed with Leukemia a year ago and did well with chemo but never did get a bone marrow transplant and now it has returned and after fighting a good long battle he has decided that for him, it is time he return home, as soon as the Lord wants him. We have spent a beautiful, lovely, tender weekend with him, and we realize that very soon he will go home. It has been hard at times but it has also been absolutely beautiful. I don't know about many of you but I am a doer, I don't feel good for anything unless I am doing something to help out, so I have been trying to keep myself busy and probably driving my mother in law crazy but it has been nice to feel like you can do something to help when you feel helpless.
But I just had to share something that just is amazing to me, we have been trying to get Dad up to the table to eat for his meals and he has been doing pretty good with that, but for most of the day he sleeps and he is not too coherent and tends to repeat things a lot, but when he prays to bless the food, the cancer melts away, the fogginess melts away and we are left with the patriarch of our family praying for guidance, love and support for his family and reminding us to do what is right. It is remarkable to witness, I am so blessed to be able to spend this time with this wonderful man who I have grown to love so much. I am so grateful that my children have known this amazing grandfather who loves them so much, and I am truly grateful for the extra time the Lord has given us to say the things that need to be said. Hope you are all well.

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful testament!

Pezlady Jana said...

isn't it amazing how the Lord blesses us? What a tender post Shannon. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

ryan said...

Hey Shannon,

Our love and prayers to your family.

Ryan