Thursday, June 25, 2009

Field Trip!

Okay so money is a little tight, so why many of my friends are going on vacas, lagoon, etc. I have been trying to figure out (cheap.free) ways to keep my kids entertained. Well who knew it could be so fun. Not that I wouldn't love a vaca and believe I am not being mean at all. So this was our field trip this week, (it made it funner for the kids if I called it a field trip)
First we headed up to Huntsville, along the way we went over Trappers Loop and up to Snowbasin,
now I got this book well two book actually one is called "Off the Beaten Path" and the other is "The Roadside History of Utah" between the two it told about all the little historical facts and quirks about Utah. So I would pull over now and then and we would find out about the Indian Burial Ground in Uintah and why things are called certain things, and they were excited when we say David O. Mckay's House (one of our churches prophets) well then we went to the monastary up there I printed off their schedule and what they do there and told it to the kids they thought they had to get up early but they had no idea, the monks rise at 3:15 am, well I'm sure many of you know they make all kinds of goodies there so we picked up some jam, creamed honey and some caramels made by the nuns. Don't worry I only had one! Catie also wanted a rosary but I talked her out of it. This was the view driving into the place, I don't know about you but I love a street lined with trees makes me feel very happy and Rockwell esque. Love this pic
Anyway after that we headed back into Ogden and went to Union Station when for one price we got to go to three museums again reading the history along the way, we got the train museum where the kids loved playing in the and on the trains,
The gun museum, (my redneck childrens favorite) and then a car museum my favorite,
We then left drove to Fisher park in Clearfield and ate lunch under a tree and the kids played loverly day with the kiddos. It was so fun and pretty cheap. Happy Summer Everyone!

1 comment:

The Redmond Family said...

I love that idea! I need to get those books. I think we will be driving through southern Utah quite a bit in the near future and will need to know some interesting places to stop.