Sunday, June 7, 2009

So Blessed..



Well it really has been a beautiful week, despite the obvious, We have been so blessed by so many with love, support, meals, beautiful plants and flowers, (which I will really try hard not to kill) cards. The love has been pouring in and we really do appreciate it! The service was beautiful it really was just a perfect day. Everyone did so wonderful! My hubster John had to speak, funny thing is he doesn't speak, ever, no welcome to the ward talks, no fast Sunday testimony bearing. NADA! Well he did beautifully, everyone was moved, I could not have been prouder of him. Not to mention he was looking GOOD!!!! Observe. Who is that hottie mctottie??

Also my little girl sang the song that her grandpa always sang to her, You are my sunshine, killed me!! I don't know how she did it, but it was amazing!! Not a dry eye in the house! We also had some men that I know who are in a quartet sing O my Father! BEEEUUUUTIful!!!!!


It really was such a perfect day. Dad recieved military honors and my nephew played the bagpipes, really so cool, We have been so blessed and I think Dad would have been so pleased!
Thanks you all for your well wishes! We truly do feel very loved!

2 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

Ummmm, yeah go John! He looks like he should be in Men in Black or something!! JK!! You guys look great! Love the header picture and Catie looks beUtiful in her dress!

The Newmans said...

I love that picture of Dan standing at the casket and the one of Catie and grandma. That is just precious. Oh, and you and John in the header look great too. Your whole post is just nice.
Jamie