Friday, August 6, 2010

Ok so here it is

The only reason I am doing this post is so I can link here and be with the cool kids, I love this blog, everything about it, her humor, her style and I have a serious dog crush on Maximus. (You seriously need to read all the posts regarding him. But this is the blog where I recieved the inspiration for the tree in my daughter's room, that redo to follow soon! Anyway I wanted to do something cool enough to link on her show and share day so, I tried but I am not sure if I succeeded. Here it is: I had an old table my great grandfather gave to me years ago and I did a very sorry yet fitting for my furniture at the time redo and when I got bored (which is easy) I put in the kids playroom(dungeon) to do puzzles on. Well I really needed a end table in my living room so I decided to bring it up and see what I could do, here is the before:

Gross



Please don't judge me:



Obviously that no food in the playroom rule is not being followed, shocker!


Here it is primed :





And here it is painted red velvet red!! Loved it, but I do have brown faux leather couches so I decided I wanted just a little bit more so.......




I added a dark walnut glaze just to give a little hint or brown and make it go better with the room








There it is to see the really cool links to some awesome stuff go to Just a Girl button on my side bar. She never dissapoints!! Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love it! Especially the color!

Natalie said...

Go Shannon! Way cute!

Rachel said...

Ok, so now you get to hand with the cool kats! LOL!!! Great job!!! I'm getting ready to do the same in my living room but I'm using cabin red and waiting until we're out of the 100+ temps! Great Job!!!