Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Time to reflect

I realized I haven't posted anything about the loverely trip we got to take this summer, it was awesome!! We don't travel much (not that I don't like to, just don't get to much) So when we do, I try my best to make it FABULOUS!! Anyway we went to Zions National Park, Route 66 (the most important part for Porter) and San Diego and had tons of fun. Here are some of my favorite pics from the trip.

Porter and Daddy in the pool at Uncle Doug's house so nice!!

Kids hiking in Zions, and this is where we learned to read signs more carefully! Little more of a hike than we were planning on.


Porter and his ultimate find, we happen to think this looks exactly like Stanley from Cars, huge find! He was so happy!


I asked all the kids to do this but Catie really took to it, the first thing we do when we go to a coastal town is find the beach it was lovely!


This was like the mother ship was calling Brody and Porter home, they were in heaven and I really liked it too, amazing talented people live there.


Right before we left I was doing some famiy history and discovered that my great, great grandparents were buried in Chula Vista, Cali so my hubster humored me and drove me around to find the cemetary and it was so cool, plus I found another relative that the records had buried in the wrong place so cool!


Finally (for this post) was the Midway museum aircraft carrier I didn't expect to love this as much as I did but it was sooo cool, one of the highlights for me. Maybe some more pics later, much more to the trip but to many pictures make me crazy!

2 comments:

The Newmans said...

Fun trip Shannon! I have an affinity for San Diego and when we were there last year our boys loved LegoLand too! We spent 2 days there and could've used one more! Love your cute kids!

buzzanna said...

I'm totally jealous. And we have that mothership contantly calling to our Ty. He asks ALL THE TIME if we can go to Legoland. Your boys are so lucky.

Hey..post some pics about Brody's cool ride when you get a chance. I want to hear how it went.