Monday, August 16, 2010

One Proud Mama

That's right I said proud!! That's okay once in awhile right?? Well my Brodyman. Set a goal, worked hard and accomplished it! He really took to bike riding this summer when he did in cycling merit badge for scouts, well while I was training for my new scout calling I happen to see this bike ride up in Bear Lake called Bike the Bear where they ride around the lake for a 50 mile bike ride but because this is the 100 year of scouting and for a special badge (which they didn't get btw) they could do the lake ride twice so he wanted to do that. He got up for weeks at 6:00 am and would go on 10,15 or 25 mile bike rides to train and last Saturday he did and my very sweet nephew did it with him so he wouldn't have to ride alone (sooo grateful!) and he did it, he wanted to quit along the way but we told him we knew he could do it and so he just kept going! So Proud of him and all he accomplished and what he learned along the way!! Here is some fun pics of the day!! Getting ready to go soo tough!
Coming in from the 50, check out the traffic yeah I was a nervous wreck!
The last aid station that was open, his Dad and I became the roaming aid station after that.
90 down 10 to go and still smiling!!
The final stretch!!

If you can't tell that says 100!!! So awesome!!

6 comments:

The Morgan Clan said...

Seriously!!!! That is amazing!!!! I am so impressed. Go Brody.

Crystal said...

Awesome! That's a great accomplishment. Way to go!

Pezlady Jana said...

that is stinking fabulous!! Go Brody!! I am so impressed!!

buzzanna said...

Thanks for posting the pics. He is one tough kid. Can't wait for Ragnar, he's awesome!

The Newmans said...

He is so cool! No wonder you are a proud mama- you have every right to be!

kelly said...

That is seriously an accomplishment! WOW!